Looking for Something?

Friday, October 27, 2017

Hero's Journey

In the last unit called “Journeys” in our Stories class, we learned about what makes up a hero’s journey. We created slides to analyze 2 hero’s; a fictional and a real hero. It was a bit hard to decide on what heroes to choose, but I have always loved the movie Wall-E, so I thought I could write about it pretty easily. I watched the movie again to refresh my thoughts, and wrote down elements that made Wall-E a hero. I never analyzed a movie that intense before, so I noticed a lot of new innuendos and jokes that I never caught as a child. I liked learning about the components of a journey and compare it to other stories. An adventure really shapes a character into a better, more confident version of themselves. I feel confident in writing stories with meaning and with characters with a purpose.

The two heroes that we chose were Wall-E and Abraham Lincoln. Wall-E is the fictional hero and Lincoln is the real life hero. I also chose Abraham Lincoln because he doesn't relate to Wall-E in a physical sense; he is a real life human being. We are familiar with Lincoln as him being our 16th president, but he is also a hero for saving slaves from imprisonment for no good reason. I chose Wall-E because he is an awkward, lonely, curious robot that wants to find purpose in the world. He is very determined to hold hands and fall in love with a robot that visited Earth, named Eve. Eve took Wall-E's plant away from him and shut down. He gained a lot of courage from going after the plant and Eve. We also studied Abraham Lincoln, which went through a lot of ridicule and fights to ban slavery. He died for fighting for what is right. Wall-E almost died, but Eve saved him. They both faced fear, trials, mean characters, sad situations. They both won a battle that they didn't think they would win.

I have a slideshow that follows Lincoln's and Wall-E's adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish

In my last term for my STEAM class, I took a course called Frontiers. This term was the first ever time that course was introduced to GCE L...

Popular Posts