Looking for Something?

Friday, March 22, 2019

A City of Protection

We started our last unit of "A Nation's Argument" with preparing an FE for our guests. We invited a police officer, two community organizers, and a person on board of a policing project for an assembly about Chicago policing. Three of my classmates and I were on the Agenda board. We focused on how to manage the short amount of time we had to talk about the topics we wanted to cover. We also created an icebreaker with open ended questions to start the meeting off. Other boards focused on researching the topics and history of the people who were visiting. 
Since we studied about the dialect of argument, I detected the form of an argument that came up during the assembly. The argument was about immigrants staying in Chicago and if they are safe here or not. The thesis is the argument presented by the police officer. The antithesis was the counter argument presented by one of my classmates. The synthesis is the resolution between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish

In my last term for my STEAM class, I took a course called Frontiers. This term was the first ever time that course was introduced to GCE L...

Popular Posts