Looking for Something?

Friday, April 26, 2019

Fair Hours and Fair Pay

In my first unit of "Policy", my class and I have had conversations about policy in history and how it affects the present. We visited newly elected alderman of the 4oth Ward, Andre Vasquez, to talk about his plans for his new role in office. I found it reassuring to hear that he wanted to become alderman because he wants to advocate for his neighbors and their needs to live happy. Since there is a newly elected mayor and many new alderman joining city council, I wonder what Chicago policies will be updated under their rule.

For this Action Project, I am writing to my alderman, Susan Sadlowski Garza, about supporting the Fair WorkWeek ordinance. The Fair WorkWeek ordinance is to give service workers flexible schedules so it works with their day to day life. I am very passionate about equal rights for workers, so I hope takes my letter into consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish

In my last term for my STEAM class, I took a course called Frontiers. This term was the first ever time that course was introduced to GCE L...

Popular Posts