Looking for Something?

Friday, January 18, 2019

A Dual Between Money and Love

Post-production brings pieces of film together. A director may have a lot of good footage, but the footage must be put together in a talented way to be able to tell a story. Sound effects give the video more flavor, and really makes the audience feel like they are involved with the film's space. The art of sound effects intrigued me so much this term. As I practiced making sound effects to lay over a silent film, I discovered its very hard to make the right sounds and place them at the right time. The sound of knocking on a wooden door isn’t the same as banging metal. Walking on sand makes a smoother noise than walking on legos. Getting into the mind of a foley artist opened my mind to think outside the box. Ever since taking this course, I have paid more attention to the details in video production and try to figure out the secrets behind them.

I picked the movie Slumdog Millionaire to study its editing, sound production, cinematography, acting, costume design, and production design, and create a dualist review on it. When I saw this movie as a child, I was confused and did not understand what was happening. Now, since I paid attention to the details the movie artists put into the movie, I gained a better sense of what idea they wanted to put in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Dead Fish

In my last term for my STEAM class, I took a course called Frontiers. This term was the first ever time that course was introduced to GCE L...

Popular Posts